Let's play a fun game with Pie as the subject!
I will list the questions first and have an answer key at the end. Don't be tempted to scroll to the end... give them your best shot!
1. How many varieties of apples are grown in the USA?
2. What apple variety is available year round that is good for apple pie?
C. Granny Smith
3. One pint of blackberries equals how many cups?
A. 1 cup
B. 1 1/2 cups
C. 2 cups
4. Is rhubarb considered a fruit or a vegetable?
5. Where does the word PIE derive from?
6. What are the 4 ingredients used to make a pie crust?
7. What is the key to a flaky crust?
8. The nursery rhyme 'Four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie' was based on truth?
True or False
9. Pilgrims brought their favorite family pie recipes with them to America. The native Americans introduced them to what native plants to bake into pies?
B. wild berries
10. Sam Clemens (Mark Twain) was a fan of eating pies. What was his favorite?
A. Wild Blueberry
11. What English poet composed a prose to describe a lovely lady - 'Thy breath is like the steam of apple-pyes!'
A. William Shakespeare
B. William Wordsworth
C. Robert Green
12. What country is the key lime tree native to?
A. United States
13. What is the official state pie in Florida?
A. Coconut Cream
B. Key Lime
C. Mango custard
14. The Greek work for 'large melon' is PEPON. What traditional pie does that word refer to?